Clients often consider vessel repowering when their existing engines have become damaged and unreliable, or when parts become expensive or hard to find. It can also just be a preference for a different drive option.
For more information
P: + 61 8 9417 9421
Benefits of vessel repowering can include:
- Increased vessel speed
- Reduced operating costs
- Improved fuel consumption
- Reduced noise
- Reduced environmental impact
Repowering your vessel can also be a chance to install the correct engine for your exact application. To maximize powering efficiency, the engine, transmission reduction ratio, and propeller must work together.
When considering repowering your boat, there’s a lot to think about. By talking to an experienced naval architecture firm like Naval Architecture and Marine Solutions we can look at all factors to consider including:
- Stern drive vs. Inboard vs. Outboard
- The power rating of the hull
- Weight of the new engine, and how that may affect the boat’s trim and handling
- Shaft length and propeller specifications
- What powering is required to obtain your desired speed
- Does the vessel require a modification or addition of a pod
Contact NMS today to discuss the design and engineering of your vessel repower or your propulsion options.
Page last updated 02/12/13