On June 12, 2015, Shaun Ritson of Perth based consultancy, Naval Architecture and Marine Solutions was accredited by the Australian Maritime Safety Authority (AMSA) as a marine surveyor.
AMSA’s Surveyor Accreditation Scheme, ensures that surveyors have the appropriate education, capability and capacity and are competent to survey domestic commercial vessels under the Marine Safety (Domestic Commercial Vessel) National Law Act 2012 (National Law).
NMS are now able to conduct surveys on aluminium, fibre reinforced plastic and steel Domestic Commercial Vessels (DSV) in the following categories;
– Initial survey – plan approval
– Initial survey – stability approval
– Initial survey – loadline – assignment
– Initial survey – electrical – extra low voltage
– Initial survey – construction or alteration – hull, deck and superstructure
– Initial survey – construction or alteration – machinery
– Initial survey – construction or alteration – loadline conditions and markings
– Initial survey – construction or alteration – equipment
– Initial survey – construction or alteration – commissioning
– Periodic survey
– Periodic survey – loadline
– Survey of safety equipment
– Survey of communications equipment
We would welcome the opportunity to provide a quotation when next you require the services of an accredited marine surveyor or consultant naval architect.